- A. Obstetric & Gyanecology Nursing (Midwifery)
- B. Mental Health Nursing
- C. Community Health Nursing
- D. Child Health Nursing
- E. Medical Surgical Nursing
Aim of the course
- To provide a broad based education for preparation of nursing personnel at advanced level who can function in a wide variety of setting and contribute effectively towards professional upliftment.
- To prepare a corps of well qualified nurses who can hold the leadership responsibilities.
- To Develop ability to appraise research reports critically and acquire competencies in conducting qualitative and quantitative studies in nursing.
- To promote the deeper study of nursing with a view to prepare them for distinctive positions such as Nurse Specialist, Nurse practitioner, Consultant, Researcher, Educator and Administrator.
- To explore the areas of higher studies in nursing and to give direction for serving contemporary and future needs of nursing development.
- To remove the paucity of well qualified nursing teachers/nurse specialist in our country.
- A candidate seeking admission to master of nursing course must have passed B.Sc. Nursing/Post basic B.Sc. Nursing from the recognized university with 55% marks in the aggregate.
- Candidate must have at least a minimum of one year experience in nursing service, education or in community field.
- Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing candidates are eligible for admission directly.
- The candidate should be a registered nurse.
Criteria for Selection:
Selection of the candidate for this course will be made by the selection committee. The criteria for arriving at the merit would be:
- Weightage: 40% B.Sc. Nursing marks.
- 40% ,marks obtained in the selection test.
- 20% Marks obtained in entrance counseling/Interview.
- In addition, 5 marks will be awarded to those having 10 years or more experience in the field of nursing service of nursing education. Or more experience in the field of nursing service or nursing education.
- Candidates declared medically fit by the Medical Board of Choithram Hospital and Research Centre, will be eligible for admission.
As per policy of Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya and Government of M.P. But candidate has to pass the qualifying examination.
Registration for Eligibility:
A candidate admitted to the course shall register with Devi Ahilya University, Indore by remitting the prescribed fees along with the application.
Please Refer to the Application Form.
Medium of Instruction:
- English shall be the medium of instruction for all the subjects and for the examinations of the master’s degree course.
- The candidate should have compulsory 75% of attendance in theory and practical separately before admission to final examinations.
- Selected candidates will have to undergo medical examination at this hospital before joining the course.
- The hostel rules and regulations would be explained to the selected candidates and their parents/ guardians.
- Hostel is not compulsory for local candidates.
|M.Sc. I Year||M.Sc. II Year|
|College Tuition Fee||1,05,000/-||1,05,000/-|